Merchants and Traders: medieval and early modern trade in Wash.
Programme attached but may be subject to change if any speaker has to withdraw.
Bookings on Eventbrite open on 15/08/2022, bookings can also be made directly to the museum but please remember to tell us of any special dietary requirements when booking.
Fenland Heritage Network/Spalding Gentlemen’s Society Symposium
Merchants and Traders: medieval and early modern trade in the Wash
15th October 2022
South Holland Centre, Spalding
P R O G R A M M E
Key-Note Speaker: Alison Fairman (Boston Hanse)
Links with Europe – the Boston Hanse Group.
Morning Session (10:00 – 12:45):
Chair: Dr Dustin Frazier Wood
- The Rise and Fall of Medieval Boston
Professor Stephen Rigby
- Kings Lynn and the German Hanse
Dr Paul Richards
- Merchants and Port Books in Jacobean Kings Lynn
Dr Alan Metters
<< LUNCH (12:45 – 14:00) – Maritime Wash Exhibition >>
Afternoon Session (14:00 – 16:00):
Chair: Tom Grimes
- East Anglian Women and Trade in the Fifteenth Century
Dr Dustin Frazier Wood
- Medieval Fenland Merchants: John Masse and Nicholas Alwyn
Dr Michael Gilbert
Chair, Spalding Gentlemen’s Society